Google Earth

Before exploring Google Earth I thought that Google Maps and Google earth were the same thing. Although they use the same satellite images and some of the same software they are not the same. I knew that Google Maps could be used to explore the different features of the world. I have played with the 'I'm feeling lucky' button and tried to fins my way to an airport on street view. I knew that there was also a Google Mars but I had not heard of the oceans or moon exploration. Through exploring on my own and watching the video I have learned several things. I like the tool that allows you to go back in time in a certain place. I think that this part of Google Earth could be used in an environmental classroom because you could track human development in Maine and around the world. Using this tool you can look at how many new developments are in a town that might not have been there 10 years ago. I also liked in the video how the narrators pointed out some flaws in Google Earth but than went on to explain why those flaws had to be there. For example, Google Earth has to have high speed internet access in order to work because the satellite images can not be downloaded and kept because they are not the property of Google. This can also be a good example to use about copyright and how even big corporations have to abide by the copyright law.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apps for a Personal Passion

Wes Fryer: Chapter 1

Wes Fryer Chapter 4: Copyright and Fair Use