Apps for a Personal Passion

I looked at 5 Swimming apps and analyzed them using the following criteria; did I have to create an account? Were they easy to use? Did they have the information that I was looking for? Were they visually appealing? Did they have ads?

I looked at several swimming apps. My goal was to find apps that would give you swimming workouts tailored to specific time benchmarks. There are several websites that do that but I was unable to find an app that did that for free.

The first app I looked at was called Commit Swimming. I think this app would be very useful if I was aiming to have a place to share workouts with teammates. I did have to make an account but that was very simple and I could use a dummy email if I wanted to. The app is very easy to use. It is almost like Google Drive. There were no pre-listed workouts so no it did not have the information I was looking for. The design of the page was easy to understand and was inviting. There were no ads. I would use this app if I had a team to work with.

The second and third apps were basically the same thing. One was called Swim Speeds and the other was SBR Speeds. I thought that one would be geared toward triathlons and the other swimming but they were the exact same and all the app did was allow you to input times from races and calculate projected time. They failed at almost all the criteria. The only thing was that they didn't make me sign up for an account.

The fourth app is called My Swim Pro. The app gave workouts for specific levels of swimming skill. I am going to use this app for my workouts in the future. They gave specific workouts for different strokes and you could access training advice for specific events such as the IM or relay. The one downside was that if I wanted to tailor my times to the workouts I would have to buy a $99.99 premium package.The app is easy to use; has lots of free workouts, it is visually appealing and has no ads.

The last app is 50 Swimming Workouts. This app does nothing that a word document couldn't. It allows you to put in time swimming and distance swimming. It keeps that in a log. There was no sign up, it was easy to use but it didn't do anything useful. There were also a lot of ads.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wes Fryer: Chapter 1

Wes Fryer Chapter 4: Copyright and Fair Use